Chris: What are PolyGalz?
Founder: PolyGalz are strong, modern women who are the hidden descendants of the ancient Amazons. They battle for the sake of freedom, justice, and decentralization. The collection contains 10,000 procedurally-generated NFTs living on the Polygon Network, and giving holders access to PolyWRLD, the most ambitious play-to-earn game on Polygon. Each PolyGal was procedurally generated by combining up to 120 unique traits with varying rarity, across five tribes: Human, Alien, CyberPunk, Shaman, and Zombie.
Chris: What is PolyWRLD?
Founder: Each PolyGal receives one entry ticket to PolyWRLD. PolyWLRD is fully on-chain and is based on transparent smart contracts powered by Chainlink’s Verified Random Function. It guarantees fair odds to each player, and that no one can stop them from accessing their gains.
Chris: A game you can’t lose?
Founder: Each season consists of 6 stages. Each NFT starts the season at stage 1. However, if an NFT becomes locked at a certain stage, it will start the next season at the same stage it was locked at.
Each season has a set % odds of coming back with loot, proceeding to the next step of the adventure, or your NFT gets locked until the next season.
Chris: Is the award system transparent?
Founder: Powered by Chainlink’s Verified Random Function, 70% of funds are redistributed back to the players whose NFTs made it to stage 6, and 30% of the funds are distributed between the team and the collection treasury for continued project development. Team distribution shall only take place once awards to the players are distributed.
Chris: What was our goal?
Founder: Our goal is to develop a game that is both entertaining and challenging, while also ensuring that each player has an equal chance of success. Trying to survive and thrive in all five seasons is a huge challenge, but it’s also incredibly rewarding.
Chris: How does it work exactly?
Founder: Mint a PolyGal
Pay a toll to embark on the adventure
The percentage odds of coming back with loot will change depending on the season
Proceed to the next step of the adventure, or your NFT gets locked until the next season
Players whose NFTs made it to stage 6 get rewarded
Season ends and we prepare for the new one to start
Illustrating the Game Framework with an Example
- Assume the odds to be at 50%. The odds of winning depend on the season.
- There is a 50% chance that you will continue to the next stage.
- There is a 50% chance that you will be locked in the current stage until the next season.
- Stage 1 never brings loot or causes lockdown. This rule also applies if a player’s NFT starts the season at any other stage due to being under lockdown in the previous season.
- 25 MATIC toll to be paid to enter each stage
- Assume 2000 players pay 25 MATIC to enter stage 1. Subsequently, 1000 players will pay another 25 MATIC to enter stage 2. This cycle shall continue till the remaining 50 players pay another 25 MATIC to enter stage 6. 25 players complete stage 6 and succeed.
- 97500 MATIC gets collected. 70% of the funds redistributed back to the 25 winners. 30% of the funds are distributed between the team and the collection treasury.
- 68250 MATIC prize pool distributed to 25 winners in stage 6.
- Each winner spent 150 MATIC to play across 6 stages. Each winner won 2730 MATIC at the end of the season.